Start an SEG Student Chapter
SEG is committed to connecting the world of applied geophysics and our Student Chapters are an excellent resource to increase interest among students of geophysics.
SEG Student Chapters empower students to participate and spearhead projects that will address issues, challenges, and opportunities related to SEG's mission of promoting the science of geophysics.
Forming an SEG Student Chapter
How to Apply:
- Form a group of at least 10 students and one faculty advisor.
- Write a petition letter to the SEG President requesting to form a Chapter. Download a sample petition letter (PDF)
- Elect officers including President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer and provide their email addresses.
- Provide a constitution for your Chapter. Download a sample constitution (DOC)
- All applicants will be required to complete the Student Chapter Petition application at seg.org/apply and upload your petition letter and constitution.
Once chartered, the Society will provide a complimentary subscription to The Leading Edge to the Student Chapter in care of the Faculty Advisor.
For more information about starting a new SEG Student Chapter contact [email protected] . Also follow us on Facebook at SEG Students to stay current with student chapter opportunities.