1 January - 31 March
- The applicant must be an active and current SEG Student Chapter Officer
- The applicant must be nominated by his/her fellow Student Chapter Officer(s), and only one application is accepted per Chapter
- The applicant must be pursuing a geoscience degree and have above average grades
- The applicant must not have graduated by the time the SLS occurs
- The applicant must not have participated in a previous SLS
- The applicant must be in compliance with the SEG Student and Early Career/OFAC sanctions compliance procedures and policies
How to Apply
Applications open 1 January and close 31 March.
All applicants will be required to submit the following documentation at seg.org/apply:
- Recommendation letter in support of the applicant from a faculty advisor or an individual who is familiar with the applicant's academic achievement and potential
- Academic transcripts from college level institution(s)
- The last three years of academic transcripts (Graduate students will need to provide their undergraduate transcript and undergraduate students may be required to submit high school transcripts)
- Four essay questions, 100-300 words each, explaining the applicant's motivation for pursuing the opportunity and their qualifications and preparation for the program
Submitting plagiarized or falsified information at the time of admission is grounds for rejection of the application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, cancellation of enrollment, dismissal or other appropriate disciplinary action.
Contact [email protected] for more information about applicant requirements and guidelines.