SEG Technical Program Travel Grants
SEG Technical Program Travel Grants are for students and recent graduates presenting papers at the SEG Annual Meeting. Colorado School of Mines students will be given first priority, in accordance with the donor's request.
- Have a paper selected for the SEG Technical Program.
- The applicant must be a recent graduate or a student.
- The applicant must be pursuing a degree in Geosciences.
- The applicant must have above average grades.
- The applicant must be in compliance with the SEG Student and Early Career and OFAC sanctions compliance procedures and policies.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to submit the following documentation at seg.org/apply.
- Recommendation letter in support of the applicant from a faculty advisor or an individual who is familiar with the applicant's academic achievement and potential.
- Three essay questions, 100-1,000 words each, explaining the applicant's motivation for pursuing the opportunity and their qualifications and preparation for the program.
- Academic transcripts for the most recent three years of the applicant's university study. (Graduate students will need to provide their undergraduate transcripts.)
Submitting plagiarized or falsified information in any SEG Travel Grant application is grounds for rejection of the application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, cancellation of enrollment, dismissal or other appropriate disciplinary action.
Other SEG Annual Meeting Travel Grant Opportunities
SEG/Chevron Student Leadership Symposium (SLS)
SEG/Chevron Student Leadership Symposium (SLS) offers travel grants to students who are currently active officers of an SEG Student Chapter. Students receiving the SLS travel grant award will participate in a two-day focused leadership program. This focused program for developing leadership skills will include an address by the SEG President, best practices presentations from selected Student Chapters, professional leadership coaching, an organized team. Only fifty student leaders, representative of SEG's worldwide network of Student Chapters, will be selected to attend.
Learn more about the SEG/Chevron Student Leadership Symposium