6 February 2018
Houston, TX USA
SEG Forum: E&P Technologies That Deliver a Solid Return-on-Investment
Venue: George R. Brown Convention Center, Grand Ballroom B, 3rd Floor
Part of the NAPE week experience @ NAPE Summit 2018
Since 1993 the North American Prospect Expo (NAPE) has provided the O&G industry a highly efficient marketplace for the buying, selling and trading of prospects and producing properties. NAPE attendees, many of whom are decision makers, come with the expectation of doing business. They represent a broad disciplinary spectrum – engineers, geologists, geophysicists, business & finance, capital providers, technology providers. Although NAPE Expos have a “business” conference, until this ROI Forum NAPE did not include a “strictly technology focused” event.
Concept is that, with increased awareness of when/where technologies deliver solid ROI performance, NAPE attendees will incorporate that knowledge in their subsequent prospect development and buy/sell decisions. Technologies to be featured cover a broad spectrum – reservoir/geosciences, drilling and completion, and operations. Those technologies influence decisions across a prospect’s timeline – discovery, definition and expansion, the production phase, redevelopment and IOR/EOR, and are applicable in different environments – conventional, unconventional, land and offshore.
This one-day Forum will cover a broad spectrum of geoscience and engineering technologies, from pre-discovery to depletion, that are proven to yield a solid ROI when appropriately applied in O&G prospect development and operations. Consistent with the proven theme, there will be a strong case study orientation with sufficient financial information established to confirm attractiveness of applying the highlighted technologies.
The following confirmed presentations demonstrate the breadth of coverage the Forum will provide:
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Application of predictive analytics to identify and enhance value drivers in an unconventional resource play
Presented by James Courtier, Laredo Petroleum Inc.
- Using automatic fault interpretation to quickly interpret structurally complex basins
Presented by Andrew Munoz, Newfield Exploration
- Delaware Basin: Optimizing drill time and landing zone using pre-stack seismic inversion
Presented by Johannes Douma, Cimarex Energy
- Water technology and long-promised ROI’s – are we there yet?
Presented by Laura Capper, CAP Resources
- 4D seismic delivers value to producing fields
Presented by Kanglin Wang, Shell
- Enhancing the value of the CDA North Sea data set using machine learning systems
Presented by Philip Neri and Henri Blondelle, Agile Data Decisions
- CMISTTM: Novel compact gas treating technology platform
Presented by Shwetha Ramkumar, ExxonMobil
- The ROI on integrated microseismic monitoring
Presented by Carl Neuhaus, Microseismic, Inc.
- A rapid, accurate and portable water characterization technique
Presented by Adam Garland, Water Lens LLC
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
90-minute Panel Session moderated by Drillinginfo’s Allen Gilmer where Senior Management- or Executive-level individuals will address “big picture” technology/ROI-related questions such as the ones below.
Allen Gilmer, Chairman and CEO, Drillinginfo
Chris Carson, Vice President of Geology and Exploration, Casillas Petroleum Corporation
Michael DeShazer, Manager, Exploration Technology Group, Cimarex
Stephen Ingram, Vice President of Technology and Solutions, Halliburton
- What are the most promising technologies for the exploration, development, and exploitation of unconventional reservoirs for the next 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?
- What are the most significant obstacles for technologies delivering maximum value?
- What technologies are likely to succeed? What technologies are likely to fail? What technologies cannot be assessed at this time?
- How can/does a company emphasize ROI-driven technologies?
- What is the single biggest "gap" in technology for unconventional resource development?
- If price did not matter, where would your company be drilling wells?
- What are your technology lessons-learned? What was the impact of such "lessons?"
Allen Gilmer, Drillinginfo, SEG Representative on NAPE Advisory Board
Paul Cunningham, Amigos Energy Advisors, L.L.C, SEG Board Liaison for NAPE partnership
Bill Barkhouse, SEG
Tom Blasingame, Texas A&M University
Johannes Douma, Cimarex Energy Co.
Carl Neuhaus, Microseismic, Inc.
Xiaojun Huang, ExxonMobil
Lance Cole, SEG supporting staff liaison
Lance Cole, SEG Inter-Society Collaborations Manager
Jill Abbott, Outreach and Global Events Planner