SEG has an active standing on sustainability for economic and social development within an environmental protection, and this percolates in the committees and initiatives of the Society.
This Round Table will share the insights of SEG’s key leaders about the recent activities and plans of SEG in important topics such as CCUS, humanitarian initiatives, gender-inclusion, near surface, and geothermal.
The focus of this conversation is how sustainability can be ingrained in these areas of application of geophysics and how SEG members can advance the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals in their own area of expertise.
- Aria Abubakar, Research Committee Chair
- Cengiz Esmersoy, SEG Geoscientists without Borders® Chair
- Erika Gasperikova, SEG Near Surface Chair
- Elaine Matos, SEG Women’s Network Chair
- Maria Angela Capello, SEG Sustainability Committee Chair
- Jeffrey Shragge, CSM Geophysics Dept.