21–23 May 2024
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Unleash the potential of geophysics to propel the global transition toward cleaner and more sustainable energy sources.
This workshop is designed to offer a state-of-the-art understanding of the most recent developments in geophysical techniques for the effective characterization and monitoring of CO2 sequestration within carbonate formations. Furthermore, our workshop will delve into the latest innovations aimed at addressing the unique challenges that may arise in geophysical monitoring during carbon capture within carbonate reservoirs. Participants can anticipate engaging with the most up-to-date research findings, case studies, and projects related to geophysical reservoir characterization and CO2 sequestration monitoring in carbonate formations. These insights will exemplify the practical applications of these innovative technologies.
Committee Chair: Guillaume Cambois, ADNOC
Committee Co-Chair: Saif Al-Azri, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)
- Abdelrauof Badawi, ARGAS
- Ali Tura, Colorado School of Mines
- Amro Abdel-Halim, SLB
- Andres Chavarria, Optasense
- Beth Rees, GeoSoftware
- Claire Birnie, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Colin Mcbeth, Heriott Watt
- Hugo Ruiz, Reach Subsea
- Jamal Al Aamri, Oxy
- Manayer Esam Hasan Al-Abdullah, Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
- Nasim Ralim, PETRONAS
- Pierpaolo Marchesini, Silixa
- Satya Perumalla, Baker Hughes
- Shotaro Nakayama, INPEX
- Xu Hai, Sinopec
Anneke de Klerk
SEG Middle East
Email: [email protected]
Who Should Attend?
The workshop will be of interest to geophysicist, reservoir engineers, geologists, asset engineers, regulatory bodies, researchers/academia.
Workshop Overview and Format
The format of the workshop will feature presentations by invited key experts in their fields who will share their experiences. The workshop will serve as a unique opportunity to have open and extended discussions among the participants.
Call for Abstracts
Technical topics include but are not limited to:
- Regulatory frameworks and MMVs
- Global storage capacity
- Land vs offshore
- 4D seismic and VSP
- Gravity and deformation monitoring techniques
- Well monitoring techniques
- Innovative monitoring tools
- Case studies and lesson learned / data integration and multidisciplinary approach
- Rock and fluid physics and feasibility analysis
- Induced seismicity and mitigation measures
- Acquisitions design and new emerging imaging innovations
- Cost benefit vs value assessment
- Risk assessment
To maximize exposure and visibility for our partners, we offer an array of unique sponsorship opportunities designed to suit a range of budgets with specific target audiences for optimum return on investment. For a list of sponsorship opportunities, and benefits, please contact us at [email protected].