Form a Section or become an Associated Society
The procedure of becoming a Section/Associated Society is as follows:
- Gather the names of 20 Active SEG members from your region or organization and the names of the elected officers for the Section/Associated Society.
- SEG has several membership classifications.
- If you need help determining who is an Active SEG member in your area, please send us the zip codes (or cities) and we can run you a list of SEG members in your area and let you know their membership type.
- Prepare your Section/Associated society's By-Laws using the model Bylaws (DOC)
- Send these materials to the SEG Constituent Relations Department for distribution to the Constitution and By-Laws Committee.
- Upon approval by the By-Laws Committee, your petition will be placed on the Executive Committee Agenda for approval.
View Constitutional requirements for becoming a new Section/Associated Society.
Are you interested in forming a Section or becoming an Associated Society?
Please forward inquiries to the SEG Constituent Relations Department.
Or send the information to:
SEG Sections/Associated Societies
8801 S. Yale Ave. Suite 500
Tulsa, OK 74137