SEG recognizes that our employees are our greatest resource, and we strive to provide a comprehensive and competitive rewards package to attract and retain our talented staff. This program is for U.S. employees.
Insurance and Retirement Plans
SEG provides a comprehensive medical plan for employees and eligible dependents (to age 26) effective on date of hire. Employees may choose between the BlueOption and BluePreferred PPOs from BlueCross & BlueShield of Oklahoma (both options includes an Rx card). Premiums paid by SEG are based on the BluePreferred plan; minimal cost-share for employee only ($40/month) and 50% for eligible dependent(s). BCBS offers a broad network of providers with the option to see any provider of choice.
SEG provides a comprehensive dental plan for employees and eligible dependents (to age 26) effective on date of hire. Benefits are provided through MetLife Preferred Dentist Program with or without purchasing medical. SEG pays 100% of the dental premiums for employees and 50% for eligible dependents. This includes preventative, basic, or major dental services and employees may choose to see a dentist within or outside the network, with the highest cost savings found in-network.
SEG provides a comprehensive vision plan for employees and eligible dependents (to age 26) effective on date of hire. Benefits are provided through EyeMed utilizing the EyeMed Access network plan. SEG pays 100% of vision coverage for employees and 50% for eligible dependents. The plan is designed to provide regular eye exams and other vision-care expenses.
SEG's 125 Flexible Spending Account allows medical, dental and vision premiums to be deducted pre-tax and includes the ability to pay out-of-pocket health, dental and vision expenses (expenses must be eligible for IRS Section 125 and SEG plan guidelines) that are not covered by medical, dental, or vision insurance. Also included is the ability to pay with pre-tax dollars Section 125 eligible daycare expenses that are incurred while working. Election amounts for FSA is a minimum of $100 and a maximum of $2,550 with deductions withheld in 24 equal installments throughout the year. This plan allows for a $500 rollover to the following plan year. Reimbursements received are non-taxable and SEG pays 100% of administrative costs.
SEG provides 2 x base annual earnings in basic life insurance benefits plus accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D). This is employer paid and is effective on date of hire through Lincoln Financial. The minimum benefit for all full-time employees is $70,000 with a maximum benefit of $200,000.
Long Term Disability*
SEG provides long term disability (LTD) benefits of 60% of base monthly earnings (not to exceed $10,000 monthly) payable to age 65 if employee continues to meet the disability definition according to the plan document. This is employer paid and is effective on date of hire through Lincoln Financial. The elimination period (period of disability before benefits start) for this plan is 3 months.
Retirement Plan - 401k
SEG offers eligible employees pre-tax and Roth retirement savings options through selected funds managed by Vanguard. Participants are eligible on date of hire. Eligibility begins after reaching 12 months of employment, working at least 1,000 paid hours, and reaching at least 21 years of age. SEG will contribute 3% and match 100% of the first 3% that the employee contributes to begin the first day of the month following meeting eligibility requirements. SEG may, at its discretion, provide additional profit share funding to eligible employees payable at the end of the plan year.
Paid Time Off*
SEG offers eligible employees PTO accrual starting with the first full paycheck. Accrual rates are based on tenure and can be used for personal time off regardless of the circumstance. For years 1-5, the accrual rate equates to 120 hours per each 12 month period. Beginning with the 5th anniversary, the accrual rate increases to 160 hours per each 12 month period and beginning with the 10th anniversary, to 200 hours. Employees may request to use PTO hours as they are available in their PTO bank and at the end of the calendar year, may carry over unused PTO up to one year’s accrual plus one week as defined in the employee handbook.
Extended Illness Leave
SEG offers 40 hours of Extended Illness Leave (EIL) to be added to their EIL bank in January (pro-rated for the first year.) EIL may be used for qualified FMLA leave.
SEG Recognized Holidays
SEG recognizes 8 paid holidays where the business office is officially closed. In addition, employees will be given 16 floating holiday hours added to their PTO accrual to total 80 hours for holiday pay.
Flexible Work Hours
SEG offers several options to give employees an opportunity to better balance their work commitments with their personal time. In addition to the traditional 5/40 work schedule, SEG has adopted the 9/80 and 4/10 alternative work schedules for its employees. The 9/80 and 4/10 schedules are achieved by meeting all of the work requirements in the usual number of work hours; however, the actual workweek is compressed based on the elected schedule. The 9/80 schedule offers employees the option to take every other Friday off, but requires a 9-hour workday, Monday through Thursday; the Friday worked is an 8-hour day. Employees electing the 4/10 alternative work schedule will be expected to work a 40-hour work week in the form of (4) 10-hour work days, Monday through Thursday. All three work schedule elections provide flexible begin and end times beginning as early as 6:30 am (for the 4/10 schedule) and include the option for a 30, 60 or 90 minute lunch period. The 9/80 and 4/10 schedules are voluntary programs; employees are not required to participate and supervisor approval will be required.
The Geophysical Resource Center is designated as a smoke-free environment for all tenants and employees and smoking in the building is strictly prohibited. The purpose of this policy is safe, healthy, and comfortable working atmosphere for everyone.
All employees are responsible for dressing and grooming in a manner that presents a professional image appropriate for their work situation. Although business casual is acceptable, a professional image is still necessary in the event that a member or customer visits SEG. Friday is deemed casual day and jeans may be worn; however, keep in mind the professional nature of the Business Office.
Staff Only Intranet Access
All employees have access to the Society's intranet which provides 24/7 online information on employee benefits, policies, and procedures.
Parties and Employee Recognition Committee (PERC)
The purpose of the SEG Parties & Employee Recognition Committee (PERC) is to promote staff engagement and teamwork, and acknowledge the significant role that recognition and awards can play in the success of SEG and its employees.
*Available for full-time employees only
- Tuition Reimbursement - available after completion of 12 months of employment and reimbursed for grade C or better. Reimbursed at 100% of tuition up to $600 then 80% for the next $1,800 per calendar year.
- On-site Fitness - SEG maintains a fitness room exclusive for the use of its employees and tenants.
- Bereavement Leave/Funeral Pay - up to 3 days paid leave for policy defined immediate family members and up to 1 day paid leave for policy defined distant relatives.
- Employee Assistance Program - EAP's professional counselors offer problem assessment, short-term counseling, information, and referral to community resources. Confidential and paid by SEG.
- Family Medical Leave - Offered to employees after 12 months of employment and at least 1,250 hours worked prior to leave. Provides up to 12 weeks leave with retention of benefits and job following a temporary absence required due to birth or placement of a child or serious medical condition of employee, spouse, child, or parent (in accordance with policy). Policy includes special leave entitlement for up to 26 weeks to care for a covered service member.
- Service Awards - monetary awards are given in five (5) year increments based on date of hire.
- Computer Assistance Program - available after 6 months of employment, SEG will reimburse up to $600 toward the purchase of computer/computer-related equipment and is renewable every 3 years. Loans are available for up to $2,000 and repaid through payroll deduction to help with the purchase of computer-related item(s).
Optional Employee-Paid Benefits
- Life Insurance - employees may purchase additional life insurance from $10,000 up to five times base annual earning with maximum benefit of $500,000. Guarantee issue up to $130,000 at initial offering. Additional amounts may be subject to underwriting and rates increase with age.
- Dependent Life Insurance - employees may purchase life insurance up to 50% of the employee benefit amount for their spouse to a maximum of $250,000. Coverage can be purchased for each eligible dependent child age 15 days to 19 yrs (25 if full time student) in the amount of $1,000, $5,000 or $10,000.
- Pre-Paid Legal Services - provides services such as preventive, motor vehicle, and IRS audit legal services and trial defense services through Legal Shield and includes a standard Will with yearly reviews and updates, Living Will, and Healthcare Power of Attorney at no additional cost.
- Identity Theft Services - initial full credit report and guide on how to read it with continuous credit monitoring and identity restoration in the event of a theft. Provided through Identity Shield and can be purchased with optional legal service at a discount.
- Short-Term Disability (STD) - minimum benefit of $100 and maximum will be 60% of salary to a maximum of $1,000 per week. The benefit begins with the 1st day of accidental injury and 8th day of an illness and the duration is up to 13 weeks. This covers non-occupational injury or illness and the benefit is paid directly to the policy holder.
- AFLAC - SEG offers 4 plans via payroll deduction: Personal Accident Indemnity, Critical Care, Hospital, and Cancer Indemnity.