13-15 July 2020
Due to the ongoing global health concerns of the COVID-19 virus, the ‘2020 SEG Broadband & Wide-azimuth Deepwater Seismic Technology Workshop’ is rescheduled to 13-15 July 2020. We appreciate your continued support and understanding. Updates will be provided as available. Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] for any further questions.
Offshore is an area with significant potential in the oil and gas industry. To date, approximately 40% of oil and gas reserves in the world exist in deepwater. Due to the “high risk, high investment, and high technology required” associated with deepwater exploration and development, it is therefore important to investigate and obtain subsurface reservoir information with as much accuracy and precision as possible. Geophysical data is fundamental, and plays a key role in deepwater oil and gas exploration. Exploration in deepwater, meanwhile, requires more advanced geophysical technologies.
Society of Exploration Geophysicists
CNOOC Research Institute
Key Laboratory of Metallogenic Prediction of Nonferrous Metals and Geological Environment Monitoring, Central South University
Hunan Key Laboratory of Nonferrous Resources and Geological Hazard Exploration
Monday, 13 July 2020
Opening ceremony and technical sessions
Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Technical sessions and closing ceremony
Wednesday, 15 July 2020
The format of the workshop will feature presentations by invited key experts who will share their experiences, keynote presentations from accepted abstracts, oral sessions and poster sessions (7 sessions within 2 days).
Early Bird Registration Fee (expires after 16 June 2020)
US$500 (SEG Non-members) | US$440 (SEG Members)
US$260 (SEG Student non-members) | US$290 (SEG Student Members)
Full Registration Fee (begins 17 June 2020)
US$540 (SEG Non-members) | US$480 (SEG Members)
US$300 (SEG Student Non-members) | US$270 (SEG Student Members)
Written notice received in [email protected] by 16 June 2020 (CST) entitles registrants to a full refund of the registration fee minus US$50 for processing. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Jinhu Huizhi Training Center
Add: No.18 Shunsha Rd., Changping District, Beijing, China
Rooms have been reserved in the meeting venue (Jinhu Huizhi Training Center, Add: No.18 Shunsha Rd., Changping District, Beijing, China). Delegates can contact [email protected] and leave the room reservation message.
Visa Information/Invitation Letter
Participants in the workshop may generate an official invitation letter from SEG. This form will generate a letter that you can print and use if required. For visa requirements for entering China, contact the China embassy nearest you. Please note that SEG does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa, nor does it commit SEG to pay any expenses you may incur. It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to obtain the necessary paperwork for entry to China.
Call for Abstracts
Please submit your paper to: [email protected]
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2020 (US Central Standard Time)
The workshop will focus on the following topics.
- High-efficiency seismic acquisition and processing technology
- Broadband seismic acquisition and processing technology
- Wide-azimuth, high-density seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation technology
- Seismic imaging technology of complex geological body
- Theory and method of rock physics under high temperature and pressure in deepwater
- Deepwater reservoir characterization and fluid identification method
- Offshore 4D seismic technology
- Offshore OBN technology
- Deepwater CSEM technology
- New technology and method of two widths-one height seismic data for deep ocean reservoir prediction
- Related complex geology problems
- Successful cases of deepwater exploration
- At most four pages
- Abstracts should be written in English
- Must be sufficiently explanatory for the committee to evaluate
- Must be on 8.5 x 11-inch document size, typed in 12 point, Roman font
- Title must be one or two lines, at the top of the page, in 12 point size, bold font
- Authors must be listed in 10 point size, Roman italic font, placed below the title
- All text must stay one inch clear of the margins of the page
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF format
Xiangdong Du, CNOOC Research Institute
Co-chairs of Technical Committee
Chuncheng Liu, CNOOC Research Institute
Jinmiao Zhang, CNOOC Research Institute
Xianhuai Zhu, Forland Geophysical Services Company
Xinwei He, CGG
Zhenyu Zhu, CNOOC Research Institute
Joe Dellinger, BP
Zhou (Joe) Yu, BP
Peiming Li, BGP
Wensheng Duan, PetroChina Tarim Oilfield Company
Wuyang Yang, PetroChina Northwest Research Institute
Yanguang Wang, Sinopec Shengli Oilfield Company
Chairman of Organizing Committee
Quanshe Yuan, Exploration Department of CNOOC
To maximize exposure and visibility for our partners, we offer an array of unique sponsorship opportunities designed to suit a range of budgets with target specific audiences for optimum return on investment. To become a sponsor, email [email protected].