SEG's mission statement is "Connecting the World of Applied Geophysics.” One way SEG accomplishes this mission is by organizing and supporting events such as workshops, forums, conferences, and symposiums.
To formally propose a meeting, workshop, or forum, or request promotional support for an event, an Event Request Form (PDF) must be completed and submitted to the SEG Business Office. Please consult the SEG Levels of Support for International Conferences/Expositions (PDF) to determine the level of support needed for the event.
Event Support Request Process
- Organizing group, committee or interested party completes the Event Request Form and submits it to the SEG Business Office by the first business day of the month. If a request is submitted by the first business day of the month, it will be reviewed in that month.
- The Meetings Review and Planning Committee (MRPC) will review requests on a monthly basis, checking for topic and date conflicts among existing SEG events, sister societies, and other industry events. The topic will be reviewed for relevance, as well as potential conflicts.
- MRPC will reach a decision by the end of the month and updates will be sent to the contacts listed on the form via email and include any further steps or information needed for support.
- If a Partnered or Operated event is requested and approved by the MRPC, it will be submitted to the SEG Board of Directors for approval at their next meeting. When a decision is reached regarding the event request, the contact listed will be notified of the decision via email with further details on how to proceed. The SEG Board of Directors meets quarterly.
- A meeting planner will be assigned to approved Partnered or Operated events. The meeting planner will set a timeline and inform the Organizing Committee of milestones and expectations in planning the event. The committee and planner will work together through each step of the planning process to make the event a success.
- After the conclusion of the Partnered or Operated event, the organizers should submit a post-event report detailing attendance, sponsorship, revenues, and expenses for the MRPC to review. This should be submitted 60 days or less after the conclusion of the event. Reports may be submitted to assigned meeting planner and [email protected].
Remember to complete all required information on the form so committees can make an informed decision regarding your request. SEG will acknowledge receipt of your Meeting Request via email.
Please email [email protected] with questions regarding the Event Request Form and the process.