The objective of this workshop is to discuss the challenges, difficulties and solutions (either potential or already tested) in full waveform inversion (FWI) for applications in resolving the onshore near surface, shallow water, unconventional resources and offshore subsalt.
FWI has emerged as a process that optimally meets our resolution and imaging objectives in exploration and production seismic. It has the potential to include a comprehensive computational simulation of the field seismic experiment, in which synthetic data from an inverted model is matched to the observed data.
The Key speakers for this workshop are:
- Opening Talk by Mohamed Taher Hadidi, ADCO
- Gilles Lambare, CGG
- Andrew Ratcliffe, CGG
- Stephane Operto, CNRS Geosciences Azur
- Andreas Fichtner, ETH Zurich
- John Anderson, ExxonMobil Upstream Research
- Tariq Alkhalifah, KAUST
- Herve Chauris, Mines ParisTech
- Andrey Bakulin, Saudi Aramco
- Denes Vigh, Schlumberger
- Rene-Edouard Plessix, Shell
- Romain Brossier, University of Grenoble/SEISCOPE
Dr. Wafik Beydoun (Co-chair), ADNOC; Dr. Tariq Al Khalifah (Co-chair), KAUST; Stephane Operto, CNRS Geosciences Azur; Thierry Tonellot, Saudi Aramco; Christoph Koeninger, Schlumberger; Aldo Vesnaver, Petroleum Institute; Anatoly Baumstein, Exxon Mobil; Abdulla Al Kobaisi, ADNOC; Mamoru Takanashi, JOGMEC; Andrew Brenders, BP; Bertrand Duquet, Total; René-Édouard Plessix, Shell; Ghiath Ajlani, CGG.