5-7 August 2018
The workshop, taking place at the pioneer of the Chinese oil industry, the Daqing Oilfield, will provide the latest research results in rock physics and reservoir geophysics. As the entire oil industry moves from volume maximization to value optimization, geophysics plays a key role in detailed characterization and description of reservoir rock and fluid properties, not only in oil bearing rocks but also in surrounding overburden and underburden. Value optimization includes monetary value (revenue and cost), enhanced oil recovery over time (e.g., pressure maintenance and EOR), and environmental mitigation approaches (e.g., subsidence, aquafer protection, and surface pollution prevention). There is a paradigm shift in the industry, and reservoir geophysics, including rock physics, needs to be adapted to the new industry norm. Hence this workshop kick starts a new theme for discussions among geophysicists worldwide: optimize asset value and mitigate any environmental impact.
The organizing committee invites submission of expanded abstracts in the following technical areas:
- Data Acquisition for Reservoir Characterization
- VSP for Reservoir Property Extraction
- Crosswell Seismic Applications
- Reservoir Rock Physics and Reservoir Geomechanics
- Microseismic Applications
- 4D Seismic Monitoring of Reservoir Production
- Seismic Guided Drilling and Seismic While Drilling for Horizontal Wells
- Geophysics for Value Enhancement: Surface and Subsurface
- Reservoir Description Techniques
- Reservoir Modeling and Inversion
- Responsible Reservoir Development Practices
- Data Integration Techniques for Improving Recovery
Chinese Geophysical Society- Rock Physics Committee
Daqing Oilfield Company Ltd.
Northeast Petroleum University
Abstracts Format & Submission
The abstract should be no more than four pages and should strictly comply with the SEG standard Expanded Abstract Template. The abstract should be written in English and submitted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF format. The submission deadline is 2 MAY 2018 and all abstracts will be submitted to SEG China.
This event will be comprised of oral and poster sessions for accepted abstracts.
Technical sessions and workshop concludes
Bangliu Zhao, CNPC Exploration & Production Co.
Yuhua Wang, Daqing Oilfield Company Ltd.
Xuri Huang, Southwest Petroleum University
Shumin Chen, Research Institute of Exploration and Development of Daqing Oil Field
Ying Shi, Northeast Petroleum University
If you have any questions regarding with the workshop, please contact:
Tel: +86 10 5820 5048