10 – 12 November 2020
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
While it is challenging to translate all aspects of the physical workshop within a virtual environment, we are committed to providing our attendees a unique platform with an immersive event experience to maintain the same depth in knowledge-sharing, engagement and networking, in order to guarantee an identical online experience. Like the physical workshop, the virtual workshop will follow the technical program components such as opening & keynote speech, presentations from industry experts, and moderated discussions. The platform offers an optimized and powerful webpage experience – anywhere, and from any device:
- Stage: host all the presentations and discussions
- Floor: overall floor plan where you can see the workshop schedule, sponsors and arrange a meeting
- Lounge: attendees can grab a table and continue the discussions with 4 attendees on a table
- VIP Lounge: One-on-one meetings
- Live chat features for public discussion and Q&A
- Links to recorded presentations via SEG on-demand after the workshop
As the oil and gas industry strives for efficiency and low cost of operations, drilling and well placement require integrated workflows and interpretation of subsurface information such as geophysical, geological, and petrophysical data, reservoir performance data in order to optimize well placement. Subsurface geologic structures are provided by surface geophysical data in terms of depth to target, bed boundaries, fault locations, geologic dip, reservoir quality in terms of porosity and lithology as well as fluid phase and contacts. These are vital information on the planning and preparation for drilling wells. The major challenges we face are; data availability and quality, complex geological scenarios, operational execution and precision of well placement. New technology development such as, 3D deep resistivity inversion, look–ahead reservoir mapping, deep electromagnetic and seismic imaging while drilling, pressure while drilling and real time geomechanics are playing an important role in reducing the risk and optimizing costs. Maximum Reservoir Contact (MRC) wells based on reservoir simulation platform brought new ways of optimum well placement. Industry 4.0 has brought new way of integrating and analyzing digital data including machine learning and artificial intelligence enabling real time decision that is improving efficiency and optimizing cost.
This workshop will address such major topics in a collaborative environment encompassing subsurface and drilling activities.
- Committee Chair: Ashraf A. Khalil
- Committee Co-Chair: William Abbot, Schlumberger
- Ahmed Mohamed Ahmed Salim, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
- Amelia Grace William, ExxonMobil Upstream Intergrated Solutions
- Ardho Fidiansyah, PT PERTAMINA Hulu Mahakam
- Celeste Lee, Roc Oil (Sarawak)
- Cepi Adam, PT PERTAMINA Hulu Mahakam
- Hock-Kuang Lim, ExxonMobil Exploration & Production
- Jimmy Ting, CGG
- Kanitthorn Adisornsupawat, PTT Exploration and Production
- Nor Ainulhuda Mazni Nor Rahmat, Roc Oil (Sarawak)
- Nurfitrah Mat Noh, Schlumberger
- Qiu Kaibin, Schlumberger
- Satvagya Prashar, Halliburton
- Yap Yun Thiam, PETRONAS
SEG Asia Pacific
Email: [email protected]
Early Registration Fee (3 x 1/2 day Workshop) (begins 10 September 2020)
US$420 (member) | US$480 (non-member) | US$75 (student)
Full Registration Fee (3 x 1/2 day Workshop) (begins 10 September 2020)
US$480 (member) | US$520 (non-member) | US$100 (student)
5 Pax - Early Bird Registration Fee - (3 x 1/2 day Workshop) (begins 10 September 2020)
US$380 (member/non member)
5 Pax - Registration Fee - (3 x 1/2 day Workshop) (begins 10 September 2020)
US$420 (member/non member)
For Group and Student Registrations, please contact [email protected]
Written notice received by 10 October 2020 entitles registrants to a full refund of the registration fee minus US$50 for processing. No refunds will be issued after 10 October 2020. Substitutions are permissible with written approval by the workshop organizers. Notify Suba Jaganathan at [email protected] immediately to request a substitution.
Tuesday, 10 November
Wednesday, 11 November
Thursday, 12 November
6am – 11.00am UK time
9am – 2.00pm UAE time
1pm – 5.00pm Kuala Lumpur time
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, petroleum engineers, drilling engineers, geomechanic specialist, petrophysicists, well site geologists, data scientists, academia and business operations.
3 Days | Half-day Workshop. More details will be available soon.
Technical Program will be available soon.
As the oil and gas industry strives for efficiency and low cost of operations, drilling and well
placement require integrated workflows and interpretation of subsurface information such as geophysical, geological, and petrophysical data, and reservoir performance data, in order to optimise well placement. This joint workshop aims to address major topics in a collaborative environment encompassing subsurface and drilling activities.
- Well Planning and Modelling of Reservoir Characterization
- Geophysical Imaging for Drilling
- Uncertainties and Optimization in Well Placement
- Challenges in Drilling Complex Geological Setting
- Cost Effective Real-Time Geo-steering Applications
- Innovation and Technology Advances
To maximize exposure and visibility for our partners, we offer an array of unique sponsorship opportunities designed to suit a range of budgets with specific target audiences for optimum return on investment. Please contact us at [email protected] for additional information.