13–14 October 2022
The 3rd SEG Latin America Virtual Student Conference is a free event organized by the SEG Latin America Regional Advisory Committee.
After the success of the previous SEG Latin American Virtual Student conferences, we are hosting the third conference 13–14 October 2022. This virtual conference is open to students studying at all Latin American universities. It is open to all final year undergraduate, Masters, and PhD students across Latin America.
Students who have not yet been able to present at a major conference but would like to share their work are encouraged to attend. Equally it is a great opportunity for more experienced students to present within their network.
Everyone is welcome to register, attend, and support their peers.
Prizes will be given for the top 3 best combined (abstract + presentation). Group discussion to follow.
This conference is hosted by students of the SEG Latin American Regional Advisory Committees.
- Jonas D. De Basabe - Advisor Member
- Joaquín Acedo - Student Chair
- Martínez Olmos Osiris - Student Marketing
- Luiz Felipe R. Moraes- Student Marketing
- Luis Angel Vega Ramirez- Student Abstracts and Reviewers
- Lucas G. P. Monteiro - Past Chair - Student advisor.
- Scott Sutherland - SEG Staff
The event is completely free as it is hosted online via Zoom.
- Share research ideas
- Network with peers across Latin America
- Develop scientific communication
Call for Abstracts
Who should submit
The event is open to all undergraduate, master's, PhD students and recent graduates (up to one year from the event) from all Latin America universities, who would like to share their research with their peers and develop an international network.
It provides a unique opportunity to practice writing an abstract and to develop presentation skills. It also allows more experienced students to serve as part of the evaluation committee, to learn how to validate the submitted work, and evaluate the presentation skills of the presenters. Prizes will be given for the top 3 best combined (abstract + presentation).
Everyone is welcome to register to attend and support their peers.
Abstract deadline: 21 July 2022
- Abstracts should be: 250-500 words with a captioned image.
- Abstract Title: should be no more than 100 characters long
- Abstract Submissions should be sent to: [email protected]
- Email subject: "Student Conference Abstract October 2022"
- Limited speaking slots
- Borehole Geophysics
- Gravity and Geomagnetic Methods
- Electric and Electromagnetic Methods
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Near Surface
- Reservoir Characterization
- Risk Management
- Rock Physics
- Seismic Acquisition and Processing
- Seismic Interpretation
All prizes are based on both abstract and presentation, as judged by a broad committee.
- 1st place prize: US$500
- 2nd place prize: US$300
- 3rd place prize: US$200