Applications available 29 September – 1 November at seg.org/apply
SEG Chapter Outreach Grant (max $1000) based on Available Funding per Year
The SEG Student Chapter Outreach grant provides support for student chapter projects and initiatives that make a significant impact within their surrounding community. Examples of projects include educating school groups and local organizations about geosciences, providing hands-on activities for a community event, or creating a field-day with community members. The project should incorporate SEG’s mission of connecting the world of applied geophysics with others and inspiring the geophysicists of tomorrow.
The Outreach Grant Application can be completed online at https://seg.org/apply. Emailed proposals will not be accepted.
- Project Description
Describe the community's need for the project and how the Chapter made the decision to support the project.
- Objectives and Expected Outcomes
Define the project, including the target population, objectives, community benefits, methods of implementation and expected results. Please also describe the overall benefits to the Chapter, such as enhanced collegiality and collaboration.
Define the designated budget, including:
- Use of grant funding
- Items that may need to be purchased
- Receipts will need to be provided in final report
- Chapter Involvement
Define the personal involvement of SEG Student Chapter members.
Define the timeline for the project activities, and any plans for project support after the grant ends.
- Evaluation Process
Define the evaluation process. How will you measure the impact or results of your project?
- Project Reporting
Define the plan for reporting to SEG through the Follow-up Report, submitted at the conclusion of the project, including:
- Financial report with receipts
- Summary of project and results
- Failure to report will make chapter ineligible to apply for next 2 years
Define the planned local and regional publicity for the project.
- All publicity and advertising must acknowledge Society of Exploration Geophysicists. Logos are available on the SEG website in the Student Section under Faculty Advisor Resources
- Post activities on the student Facebook page – SEG Students
For more information, contact [email protected]