The SEG EVOLVE program offers students direct experience in conducting multi-discipline subsurface integration projects using actual seismic, microseismic, wireline, core, production and other types of data. Project management, teamwork skills and business values are honed within the context of exploration, reservoir appraisal, field development planning and production enhancement scenarios.
Part of a strategic collaboration between Halliburton and the SEG Foundation since 2014, EVOLVE provides unique learning projects in an interactive, non-competitive team environment that fosters global participation. EVOLVE is delivered through the cloud which provides a unique virtual learning experience. The projects require analysis and application of geophysical/seismic, geological, petrophysical and petroleum engineering data and software technology, such as Halliburton’s DecisionSpace® Enterprise platform, to support integrated reservoir management, problem solving and decision making.
Who can participate?
Students and university-based teams are welcome to apply. In 2019, the program will open applications for early career professionals and companies. Individuals are also welcome to apply. EVOLVE seeks geophysicists, geologists, reservoir engineers, petrophysicists and rock physicists.
What are the benefits to participants?
- Work with industry leaders to create and execute modern E&P workflows
- Project-based, integrated training with real data to improve capabilities to succeed in today’s industry jobs
- Improve leadership and team-based skills
- Feedback and recognition by industry and the SEG
What are the benefits to industry?
- Novel model for early asset-based learning
- Accelerated contribution from early professionals and new hires
- Access to a primed talent pool
- State-of-the-art industry software on a cloud platform
- Instruction and guidance from industry experts
- Access to Halliburton's DecisionSpace® Enterprise platform (see demo below)