The SEG EVOLVE program offers students and early professionals direct experience in conducting multi-discipline subsurface integration projects using actual seismic, geological and wellbore data. Project management, teamwork skills and business values are honed within the context of exploration, reservoir appraisal, field development planning and production enhancement scenarios.
Part of a strategic collaboration between Halliburton and the SEG Foundation since 2014, this program provides unique learning projects in an interactive, non-competitive team environment that fosters global participation. These projects require analysis and application of geophysical/seismic, geological, petrophysical and petroleum engineering data and software technology, such as Halliburton’s DecisionSpace® Enterprise platform, to support integrated reservoir management, problem solving and decision making.
- Real seismic, geological and wellbore data
- State-of-the-art industry software on a cloud platform
- Instruction and guidance from industry experts
Benefits to participants
- Work with industry leaders to create and execute modern E&P workflows
- Project-based, integrated training with real data to improve capabilities to succeed in today’s industry jobs
- Recognition by industry and the SEG
Benefits to industry
- Novel model for early asset-based learning
- Accelerated contribution from early professionals and new hires
- Access to a primed talent pool