Thousands of geoscience professionals from more than 70 countries will connect 24-29 September 2017 at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center for this annual must-attend information exchange and networking event.
Geoscientists look forward to this annual gathering, as it enhances their careers with the latest technical knowledge and industry technological innovation, while they meet face-to-face with a diverse group of companies and colleagues.
Houston, the Energy Capital of the World, is the third-largest city in the United States and the largest city in Texas. Recently earning the nickname “The Big Heart,” Houston and its citizens gave refuge to thousands of Hurricane Katrina victims in 2005 and 2006.
George R. Brown Convention Center
The George R. Brown Convention Center located on the east side of downtown Houston, opened in 1987. This 1.8 million square foot facility was named for internationally recognized entrepreneur, engineer, civic leader, philanthropist and Houstonian George Rufus Brown. It is adjacent to beautiful Discovery Green Park, a vibrant 12-acre park that opened to the public in April 2008. The convention center has convenient access to a 12-acre underground parking lot, and is served by METRORail a light rail service at the Convention District Station.
The industry is changing at lightning speed
Stay up-to-date and connect with the best in the business. You can expect:
- An enriching, diverse gathering of geoscience professionals from all across the globe
- An exceptional technical program featuring the hottest topics in the industry
- Outstanding presentations by leading industry leaders and technical experts
- State of the art products, technologies, and services showcased in the expansive exhibit hall
- Numerous networking events providing valuable face-to-face interaction with qualified buyers and sellers
- A relaxed, fun setting to connect with new and old friends and colleagues
- Opportunities for career enhancement with continuing education courses and more
- Relevant and timely student and young professional programs
- Forums and special panels on a variety of topics
- Recognition of excellence in the industry at the prestigious Honors and Awards Ceremony